Pancakes are often considered as weekend breakfast specials, but how about adding them to your daily healthy breakfast menu? Soft and fluffy pancakes, that too egg-less! Sounds perfect, doesn’t it?
Ragi or Finger Millet flour, contains lots of nutritional value. It is rich in proteins which makes it an ideal source of proteins for vegetarians.
It all starts with the batter. Too thick and they will be gluggy and under-cooked on inside. Too runny, and the pancakes will spread out and won’t fluff up. Thick and saucy consistency of batter is best for these pancakes. So here is my egg-less ragi pancake recipe with all those ingredients which will be easily available in your kitchen pantry.
- Non-Stick Pan
- 1 cup Ragi Flour
- 1 tbsp Refined Flour(Optional)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 tbsp Powdered Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4th cup Luke Warm Water
- 5 ml Vanilla Essence
- In a bow mix all the dry ingredients.
- Gently add milk and keep whisking to avoid lump formation.
- Add oil and essence.
- Make a medium thick batter and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat non stick pan, you can grease it with little butter.
- Pour the batter and cover your pan with lid for two minutes.Then flip it and cook for two more minutes.
- Serve warm with fresh cut fruits, honey, maple syrup, ice-cream or Nutella.Healthy ragi pancakes are ready!!