Festive season has begun in India with Ganesh chaturthi coming up first bringing in lots of happiness, joy and sweets in our lives. Everyone is excited to welcome Ganesha at their home.
Ganesh chaturthi is incomplete without delicious modaks and here I am with this mouth watering kesar kalakand modak recipe to start the festive season with a bang. These modaks literally melt in your mouth. A little add on to basic kalakand recipe and they are ready.
So what are you waiting for go make them for our favourite Ganesha and your loved ones.
Happy Ganesh Chaturthi!
Kesar Kalakand Modak
- Modak moulds
- 2 litres Milk
- 50 gm Semolina
- 100 gm Sugar
- 50 gm Clarified Butter(Ghee)
- 50 gm Almond Powder
- Saffron strands
- Boil milk on high heat and then let it reduce to quarter of it's quantity on medium-high flame. Keep stirring it. Add ghee and keep mixing it vigorously to avoid browning of milk.
- Soak some saffron strands in 2 tsp milk for half hour.
- Once you get thick crumbly milk, our unsweetened kalakand is ready.
- In a separate pan, roast semolina in 1 tsp ghee till it turns light golden brown, then add it to the kalakand.
- Add sugar and keep stirring the mixture to let access water from sugar evaporate.
- Add almond powder and saffron milk to the kalakand mixture and give it a final stir.
- Let the mixture cool down, then shape them using modak moulds and let it set for atleast 15 minutes before serving.Enjoy!!