It’s India’s 74th Independence Day, a country full of beautiful cultures and cuisines. Celebration is in the air, we together celebrate this day by showing our love and gratitude towards the country.
You all must be thinking baking is foreign culture, but even Indian has very rich bakery culture which includes different types of cookies and cakes. Inspired from the traditional Nankhatai Biscuits today I made these delicious Tricolour Cookie Sandwich. They are simple to make with easily available ingredients in your kitchen pantry and its super delicious.
Do give this recipe a try and share with me your experiences.
Tricolour Cookie Sandwich
- 100 gm Butter
- 100 gm Powdered Sugar
- 120 gm Refined Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsps Vanilla Essence
- 1 tsp Orange Liquid Food Colour
- 1 tsp Green Liquid Food Colour
- 80 gm Butter
- 100 gm Icing Sugar
- 50 ml Cold Milk
- In a mixing bowl, sieve flour and baking powder.
- Using an electric whisk, start creaming butter till it becomes light and airy. Add sugar in three parts and keep whisking to form a smooth creamy buttercream. Add vanilla essence.
- Fold the flour in butter mixture and form a tight dough. Divide the dough into two equal parts and add colours to them.
- Once the coloured doughs are ready fold them into cylindrical shapes and wrap them in butter paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile whisk sugar and butter till they form smooth peaks, then gradually add cold milk and keep whisking for about 5 minutes. Add vanilla essence, your butter cream is ready.Transfer it into a piping bag and keep aside.
- Preheat oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Take the dough out from refrigerator, cut into equal circles and bake at 180 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Let them cool for atleast half hour before applying the buttercream.
- For making the cookie sandwich, take one green cookie, make florets using nozzle with the buttercream and cover it with orange cookie.Enjoy!!