A red velvet cake is a cake which has soft, velvety texture which is majorly achieved by adding buttermilk to the cake batter. Red colour is simply achieved by addition of red food colouring.
To make the classic red velvet cake into brownies I have combined several recipes. Also this is an eggless recipe which makes it more special.
So let’s get started….Happy Baking!
Red Velvet Brownies
- 1 cup Refined Flour
- 3 tbsp Melted Butter
- 3/4th cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 5 ml Vanilla Essence
- Red Food Colour
- 50 gm Melted White Chocolate
- In a mixing bowl add flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Mix all dry ingredients using a spatula.
- In a separate bowl mix milk, water and lemon juice. Stir this mixture.
- Add wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix everything using a spatula. Add melted butter, red food colour to the batter and vanilla essence. Mix everything to form a smooth batter.
- Preheat oven at 190 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Transfer brownie batter into a greased square tin. For this recipe you can use 8×8 inch square tin.
- Bake them for 15-20 minutes or till a crusty layer forms on top. Let them cool for 15 minutes, cut them into equal square and drizzle white chocolate on top.Enjoy!