After a few trials, I finally got my hands on these eggless chocolate chip cookies. They were baked to perfection, crisp from outside and chewy from inside. Seasoned with lots of love and chocolate chips.
I replaced eggs with flax eggs, grind flax seeds and soak them in water, it acts as a great substitute for egg. Also flax seeds add to the texture of the cookies. This eggless version of cookies is very easy to make that even beginners can also make this very successfully.
Eggless Chocolate-Chip Cookies
- 100 gm Soft Butter
- 115 gm Castor Sugar
- 100 gm Refined Flour
- 50 gm Chocolate-Chips
- 20 gm Flax Seeds
- 5 ml Vanilla Essence
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- FLAX EGGMix ground flax seeds with 3 tablespoons of lukewarm water and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 170 degrees for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar, add vanilla essence.
- Add flax mix to creamed butter mixture.
- Sieve flour and baking powder into the butter-sugar mix.
- Gently fold the flour to form a soft dough, add chocolate-chips and give it a mix.
- If the dough is very loose then keep it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Using a spoon or ice-cream scoop place the dough in greased baking tray with 1 inch gap between each cookie.
- Bake at 170 degrees for 20-25 minutes or till your cookies get golden brown edges from the corners.
- Take them out of the oven, let it rest for 1 hour, and enjoy.Cookies are ready!!
What’s a Flax Egg? A flax egg is a vegan egg substitute, that is made up of ground flax seeds and water. It’s 100% natural, vegan, gluten free, it falls perfectly into any category of food that you’re eating. Interestingly, flax seed egg re-placer can even do more harm than good in cakes due to its tendency to hold onto excess moisture. It also is not a structure builder in that it won’t form protein networks that reinforce dough’s like an egg will. It will work to stick things together instead. But it acts as a great substitute of egg in cookies. Flax egg makes the cookies perfectly crunchy from outside and soft from inside.