A mad recipe trial which turned into an amazing appetizer!!
This canape is a perfect example of fusion food. Traditionally a cracker or small slice of bread or toast or puff pastry cut into various shapes, serve as the base for savory butters or pastes, often topped with a savory foods such as meat, cheese, fish, caviar, foie gras, purees or relish. Because they are often served during cocktail hours, it is often desired that a canape be either salty or spicy, in order to encourage guests to drink more. Similarly, Indians love tandoori food with drinks so I fused tandoori flavor with canapes.
A perfect munching with drinks, an appetizer and a snack for parties this recipe is a must try. Recently our short reels video also got featured by Instagram which crossed 15 million plays.(https://www.instagram.com/reel/CCvw0_YFuZJ/?igshid=jd1z251wzprm) and this made me sit and draft this amazing recipe. Give it a try and share your tandoori canapes story with me in comment section.
- 2 cup Refined Flour
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Red Chilly Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4th cup Luke Warm Water
- 2 Capsicum
- 50 gm Processed Cheese
- 1 tsp Italian Mixed Herbs Seasoning
- 1 cup Hung Curd
- 2 tbsp Mango Pickle Masala
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Mustard Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- Knead a soft dough, let it rest for 10-15 minutes. Preheat oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Roll the dough into flat sheet, cut into small circle using a cookie cutter of about 1" diameter. Pierce canapes with fork to avoid blister formation while baking.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes till they turn light golden brown. Don't cook it too much else they will turn crispy and chewy, keep it little soft and bready. Flat pan can also be used to cook canape base.
- Roast capsicum on open fire till it turns black from outside and juicy from inside. Peel the burnt skin, remove seed and finely chop it.
- Add grated processed cheese and mixed Italian herb seasoning and mix it. Keep it aside.
- In a bowl mix hung curd to make it soft.
- Add garam masala, mustard oil, salt, lemon juice and fine masala of mango pickle. Mix to form a soft achari dip.
- On a canape base, pipe dip using a piping bag at the corners.
- Keep one teaspoon of stuffing in the center.Canapes are ready!Enjoy!